Image

Image
Welcome. Toss a blanket down, sit for a while under the willow, relax, and enjoy what's written below.

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Six Sentence Sunday

No one knew how long the creek bed had been dry, but several old graves could be found under the bridge. None of them had any markings. Rumors were rampant in the nearby town as to whom or what was buried under those abandoned tombstones. The county scanned the ground. They were convinced that bodies were properly buried under the bridge. Their conclusions didn’t stop the rumors.

The above is from chapter one of my current WIP, Abandoned Souls, due out summer 2014.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful writing! I have just one quibble: "was buried" is the passive voice, so it should be "who", not "whom".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and the kind words. :-) I pulled the sentences from my first draft. I should have read it more than once. I'll remove the "m." Thanks again and have a wonderful week.

      Delete