Image

Image
Welcome. Toss a blanket down, sit for a while under the willow, relax, and enjoy what's written below.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Reviews

Today I would like to welcome you all to my Willow Tree where I am sitting and wondering about reviews. We all work hard on our books and want everyone to enjoy them, but not everyone will. It's a fact of life. My son gave me a book he raved about. I read two chapters and didn't care for it. It was my personal preference and if I were to review the book I might say I didn't care for the story line, but no matter what it was like I wouldn't attack the writer personally. I believe it is going over the line.  

I would like to suggest before you go crazy trying to figure out what one reviewer found so awful about your book that you read their other reviews. I recieved my first bad review and was devastated. I'm not sure they read the same book I wrote until I read their other reviews. Now I understand. I think we all need to take each review with a grain of salt and know that not all genres and books will suit all people. Much easier on the nerves :-)

This post is short because I don't have anything else I can say about these types of reviews. They happen, read them, glean anything good you can and ignore them. Happy reviews everyone.

Blessings,

Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment