Image

Image
Welcome. Toss a blanket down, sit for a while under the willow, relax, and enjoy what's written below.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Interview With Chuck Alderman


Today I am interviewing author Chuck Alderman here under the willow tree. Welcome Chuck.

What are you currently working on and when do you plan to release your next book?
Sequel to “Ronnie,” my 1st published novella. I probably should have held out and made them into a novel, oh, well.

Do you have a favorite genre for your writing or do you write whatever moves you?
I like crime, with low level mob guys. Whatever the genre, I don’t want to be predictable, if you see it coming, I’ve failed.

What is the best piece of advice you were given about writing?
Keep on keepin on.

Do you have a special spot where you like to write or are you a “have lap top will travel” writer?
I did do the lap top travel, but too many distractions, now I’m a hermit.

What is your favorite book and favorite author?
R. Chandler, Mickey Spillane. I love noir.

When did you discover your passion for writing?
1999 after 2nd divorce.

Do you have a favorite beverage or snack you must have while writing?
Hot, black, strong coffee.

What inspires you?
60’s & 70’s rock music.

Do you have a favorite vacation destination and do you write while vacationing?
I finished my wonder lust. I look at vacations as something you have to return from.

Do you have any advice for other writers on any subject you choose?
Write for yourself, write what you feel, what you like, don’t let em change you to fit their mold. If you want to be a millionaire, go to Vegas, go to Wall St. or play lotto.

Any last thoughts you would like to add?
 There are those who will praise you, and those whowill poo-poo you. Let it ALL roll off, every one. Write while it quenches that creative thirst, and don’t let anyone talk you out of it.
The old saying, “Truth is stranger than fiction,” is so true. BUT, remember, real life doesn’t always make sense, whereas, fiction has to.

Thanks Chuck. Best of luck with your books.

Blessings,

Marianne

You can find Chuck's books here:
Amazon.com: Ronnie eBook: Chuck Alderman, Amanda Gossage, Mallory Alderman: Kindle Store
Amazon.com: Full Circle eBook: Chuck Alderman, Amanda Gossage: Kindle Store




1 comment:

  1. Chuck, Like Raymond Chandler, you said a lot in a few words. All the best. WZ

    ReplyDelete