Image

Image
Welcome. Toss a blanket down, sit for a while under the willow, relax, and enjoy what's written below.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Connections

Happy New Year from the Willow Tree!

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and are ready to get back to work or pleasure, whichever your writing mood is at this moment. Editing two novels and writing a third right now is both work and pleasure for me. I love writing and I had to begin a new work to keep me from going insane only editing all day long.

I am also searching for new helpful writing sites. Two are listed in my favorites on this page, but I did come across another with a large amount of links to other helpful sites. It is The Writer's Site http://www.thewriterssite.com/  I found some good sites through this one.

We are fortunate to have the internet at our fingertips and many authors and publishers willing to share their knowledge in a blog or web site. As a newbie at the publishing of a novel, I am still learing my way around all these sites, but the one thing I do is always leave a comment on every blog or web site I visit. You never know when you might make a connection. It happened to me. I left a comment on the blog of an author/editor and she e-mailed me. She offered me suggestions and we sent a few e-mails back and forth. She left the door open for me to contact her again, if I have more questions or need help. I was thrilled.

Keep working on your WIPs, but be sure to put yourself out there whenever possible. Leave comments and always be sure to leave your blog, web site or e-mail address. Someone may contact you. There are some wonderful people willing to help in our writer's world.

Happy Writing to all,

Marianne

No comments:

Post a Comment